Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Give & Take

You can give and give and give, til you got nothing left to give anymore.  And what do you get in return, NOTHING! 

Today started out as a good day, woke up after less than 5 hours of sleep, and didn't even feel that tired all day long.  I came home to chat with some friends online, only to find that they didn't have such a good day.  It was like an epidemic, everyone I had talked to was telling me how bad their day or week was for them.  Like there was a full moon out & all the crazies were roaming the streets.  I did the best thing any friend 'should' do, I told them that everything was gonna get better, that there are other people out there who have it much worse off than they or I do.  Trying to be the best friend I can be & put a smile on their face & their minds off their worries.  Wouldn't you?  (I sure hope so)

Then as the night progressed, I found the tables turning on me.  Getting worse and worse as the night lingered on.  I try to give as much respect and understanding as I hope to receive in return.  Do unto others, as you would have them do unto you.  The Golden Rule.  What a joke, guess some people just didn't get that rule taught to them as a young child. 

I pour my heart out to people, wearing my heart out on my sleeve.  Ive always had a problem trying to show my feelings to people, then when I get the guts to show them how I feel about them, I get slapped in the face with ultimate rejection.  Why do people think that you are always working some angle with them.  They think you are only being nice to them to get something out of them.  I have always said, once a friend... always a friend.  No matter what, there may be disagreements & even some arguments between us, but doesn't mean I will turn my back on you when you really need me.  That's what friends are for.  We all have our good days & bad days, but when all is said & done, I'm there dude!!  And it works both ways, hope that my 'true' friends would do the same for me, if not, then you weren't really a true friend...

No comments:

Post a Comment