Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Change is coming, whether you like it or not.

OK, so here goes, it is time to make some serious changes in the way I live my life.  I grew up dreaming of accomplishing one major triumph in my life, finding my one true love.  It has yet to happen, but that doesn't stop me from fighting to achieve that goal.  To have that "pursuit of happiness" everyone else around me keeps talking about.  But what good does it do me, if the state that I live in refuses to recognize it. 

My Facebook wall has been blowing up tonight with all the 'For' & 'Against' comments left by both sides concerning the latest Amendment 1 to the US Constitution on the NC voting ballot today.  I have been having my own personal battle with my thoughts about it all day.  Knowing that whatever the outcome of the results, that it would bring great change into my life and in the way that I continue to live.  Just because this amendment has passed for this state, it does not mean that "WE" will just disappear, it does not mean that there will not be many more ballots just like this one in other states to come, it does not mean that you can just pass this into law and we will sit idly by & just do nothing about it.  NO, we may have lost this little battle tonight, but the war is not over people.  I will continue to fight, along with every other person that this effects.  We will not be silenced and dismissed any longer. 

It angers me so much that we continue to live in a bigoted, greedy, hateful, phobic society.  A state, relentless of change for the better of ALL mankind.  How can I continue to live in a place that says I am not allowed to get married to my best friend, because he is of the same sex?  Maybe I should take it as a hint & just move to a society that accepts me for who I am, one that is not afraid of change & prosperity.  Perhaps, I need to make some very important decisions in the following days & months ahead of where I want to spend the rest of my life here on earth.  Here, living in bitter jealousy of my straight friends who can continue to get married... or in another state or country where I can live in peace & true happiness, where I will not be ashamed of who I am and who I love.  To tell the truth, that is probably what you are really wanting anyways, just a hopeless attempt to make us all pack up and leave town!!!  WE'RE HERE, WE'RE QUEER, GET USED TO IT

4 comments:

  1. I dont want you to move :( I love you gay, straight, black, white, or whatever...it is just a stupid label! It does not mean I love you less for who you are! I was and still am confused by the whole ordeal...so I can say I did not vote either way for that reason...but no matter where you go, where you live, there will ALWAYS be someone who does not agree with who, or what you are! You will NEVER be able to please everyone! You are who you are and DO NOT be ashamed of that! You may only have one voice, but your one voice means so much to so many people! The majority of the people who voted were swayed by others on one word "gay" that is all they seen int he whole ordeal...I myself believe gays and lesbians should have every right that the straight people have...but I also believe in man and woman...I see no difference really...my heart just believes everyone should be treated equally no matter what age, sex, religion, whatever! But I wanted you to know, moving will not solve anything! It is only giving into what "they" want! Be you and don't change! I love you no matter what! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you MomaFletch, I understand your reasoning behind not voting, but it doesn't change the fact of the reality that this is not gonna turn out to be a good thing if I continue to stay here. There are better places, even tho YES, there will always be bigotry, ignorance & hatred, but still better places!!! I will always value your constant friendship & support. And have grown very close to you. Equality is everything right now, and I will not stop just because of one measly little set back. That is all this is a minor setback, a little bump in the road down this journey of life. It is a huge factor tho in my decision making process right now as to what I have been wanting to do for a very long time, this is not the first time I have had these thoughts about moving... so the jury is still out on the final verdict!

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    3. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete