Monday, July 25, 2011

Intro

A little intro into the world of "E-Rockers"...  a 36 year old single male on the edge of my 37th birthday in just a few short weeks.  I've always been a fan of writing my thoughts and ideas down, mom said I always preferred pen & papers over any toy you could ever give me.  But as I grew older, I became a fan of typing... so much that I would rather be put on a medieval torture rack than have to write with a pen or pencil in my hand these days (mainly due to the agony of arthritis from years and years of working in a textile factory).

This will be a new adventure into discovering the true writer/ novelist hidden deep within me.  As I put my thoughts, fantasies, dreams, torments & rants about everyday life into words, from growing up in a big family to living in a small town.  Hopefully, the words will come easy to write as I have always been better at writing out what I think opposed to talking (super-shy).  For years, I have been able to talk to anyone online in those little chat rooms, to even texting along with the best of them.  But when it came to being out in a crowd & having to say more than 2 words...  AGONY!!  I could never think of the right words that I wanted to spit out of my mouth or barely put a declarative sentence together to fit into any conversation before the topic had been changed and the group had moved onto another discussion.  It took me years before I could even sit in public at a restaurant, without the fear of everyone watching me while I sat there with my back to the wall, face downwards at my plate, eating.  Knowing that they were all staring at my every move, paranoid that I had a spaghetti noodle stuck to my chin or ketchup stains on my shirt. There is a word for that kind of behavior... but that is all in the past....  BREAKING OUTTA MY SHELL HERE NOW!!

I hope that these entries will be helpful or inspiring to any and all my readers in some way or another.  Because I have always believed deep in my heart that everything happens for a reason, every person we come in contact with on a daily basis happens for a reason...  You never know who's life you are about to change, just giving them a smile, or by saying 'Hello' to someone, or by throwing your nose up in the air and walking past them as if they never existed.  Because every life is important, every thing you do & every word you say is important, ya never know what it could do to someone else & could change their life forever.  I hope that I can make the slightest difference & someday maybe even be remembered in the history books for something that I might have said or done.  And who knows, it could come from this blog & might even answer my hypothetical question, "How do I get there from here?"

No comments:

Post a Comment